So sound off - what patterns and practices do you think are logical for testing? I can think of a ton--both programmatic and just sheer test cases. For instance:
- Boundary conditions (int): lower boundary, lower - 1, lower + 1; upper boundary, upper +1, upper -1
- Text/string: alpa, numeric, 'extended' (takes you back a few years, doesn't it?), double-byte, multi-byte, UTF8
- Input field: valid input type, valid input length, invalid input type, invalid length, XSS/SQL injection
- Web service input, output
- Accessing fields on a form in an application
- Web request/response (threaded)
This is short list just to get people thinking. Time to get those creative juices flowing folks!