Monday, August 13, 2007

Another blog on quality

Why do we need another blog on quality? Well, because I still don't think managers get it. Quality matters! I've worked at four different organizations now (I know - not much variety, but bear with me) and eleven different products/teams. I've seen teams where quality mattered (Microsoft Education Products Group - India), and I've seen companies where consultants convinced management that quality could be achieved on the cheap (IBM @ Circuit City). So I'm adding my voice into the fray, and I hope the arguments and discussions here will help change the tide a bit.

What are my strengths/interest points?
  • The business case for quality and thorough testing of IT software projects
  • Recruiting and hiring
  • Outsourcing and offshoring
  • The test process--getting consistent

Your comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment